Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Classic BBQ sauce

Okay, I rip this recipe from somewhere else, but with my own added twist. I often went to look it up over and over again when I needed it, so here it is for myself in order to find it easily next time.

1 whole chopped onion
5 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp cumin
1 cup spicy ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar

It's good for any meat dish calls for BBQ sauce and requires baking in the oven. Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Pour sauce over 3 pound of meat. Bake about 1 hour give or take, covered, to desired tenderness, then half hour uncovered to reduce sauce.

For beef short ribs, bake 1 hour without sauce first, covered. Then drain the liquid to remove the brown substance and fat, pour the broth back to the dish with the sauce and continue baking.

-Yang

No comments: